Volcano House Cabins & Campsites
Located at Namakanipaio Campground
A Unique Hawaii Camping Experience
Venture three miles beyond Volcano House to one of the most unique campsites in the world. Nestled amidst a fragrant eucalyptus grove 4,000 feet above sea level, the historic Namakanipaio Campground offers a rustic, one-of-a-kind camping experience within Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. For visitors seeking a Hawaii camping experience with comfortable accommodations, the Namakanipaio campground features ten Camper Cabins recently refurbished with new flooring and beds, along with community campground facilities including a refurbished bathroom. Campsites are also available for visitors who prefer to pitch a tent for a more traditional camping experience.
All guests must pay the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park entrance fee. Fee is $10 per non-commercial vehicle, or $5 per individual traveling on foot, bicycle or motorcycle. Entrance is valid for seven (7) consecutive days. For group entrance fees and more fee information, visit the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park website.
Refurbished Namakanipaio Camper Cabins
Namakanipaio Campground features 10 rustic, one-room wooden cabins ideal for visitors seeking a camping experience without setting up a tent.
About Namakanipaio Camper Cabins:
- Sleeps 4 – 200 square feet
- 1 Full bed and 2 twin beds (bunk bed) with new mattresses
- New flooring
- Bed linens and towels provided
- Electric light (no electric outlets)
- No bathroom or running water in cabin. Newly refurbished community bathroom with hot showers & toilets is located in campground (soap & toilet paper provided).
- Each cabin has an outside firepit and barbecue grill
Collecting fallen or dead wood is permitted within 100 yards (91 meters) of campground. We also have wood bundles for sale. Please note that NPS has occasional fire bans. Cooking not permitted inside cabin
- No pets or smoking permitted
- Check-in: 3:00 PM Check-out: 12 noon
- Check-in at Volcano House Hotel Front Desk
- *Room tax & Hawaii Volcanoes National Park entrance fee apply
For a true camping experience within Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, pitch a tent at one of our 16 campsites.
- Self-registration on a first-come, first-served basis, $15.00 per night.
- Please note: No showers are available at campsites, only restrooms.
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park entrance fee applies
- 7 day maximum stay
Namakanipaio Campsite Facilities:
- Newly refurbished community restroom (soap & toilet paper provided; no showers available)
- Picnic area
- Fire pits & barbecue grills
Collecting fallen or dead wood is permitted within 100 yards (91 meters) of campground. We also have wood bundles for sale. Please note that NPS has occasional fire bans.